We've asked a lot of questions and spent a lot of time trying new approaches to support nonprofits. We've learned valuable insights about how people, data, content, design, and technology flow together. And our podcast explore all of this and more (curious about german schmear, anyone?)
Funpisodes (See what we did there?)
- Listen to Part 1: Welcome to the Funpisodes (November 7, 2023)
- Listen to Part 2: What it Means to be a BCorp (November 14, 2023)
- Listen to Part 3: Tips for Giving Tuesday (November 21, 2023)
- Giving Tuesday is November 28th this year
- Listen to Part 4: Tech We're Thankful For (November 28, 2023)
- Apple Weather née Darksky: "The best weather app."
- Libby App: "Amazing for accessing books! All. The. Books."
- Bandcamp: "Helps me support and discover independent musicians"
- Reverb: "Provides a fair marketplace for music gear."
- Whatsapp: "Secure messaging with friends and family (and that works anywhere you have a wifi connection, including outside of the country).End-to-end encrypted that not even Meta can read your messages."
- Notion: "It's my fun organization space. I keep my weekly to-do list there, my budget and debt tracking, my reading journal, and other digital life"
- Jetbrains PHP Storm: "ridiculously good at autocompletion, automatic code insertion, and general mind reading."
- SEMRush: "a great way to get quick ideas for keywords to use in your articles, how hard it might be to rank for those keywords"
- Google Suite: "use them all the time. They are very easy to create, use, edit, share, collaborate within, etc. It's seamless."
- Miro: "It’s a fun and effective way to bring remote teams together and balance participation"
- Slack: "It allows me to connect with my colleagues instantly, great for keeping things moving in my work, but also allows me to force photos of my son on people :)"
- Zencaster & Adobe Audition: "We use Zencastr to record the podcast, and Adobe Audition to edit it. "
Spotlights! We chat with team members at Echo&Co and partners.
- Listen to Part 1: Using Digital Tools to Build Community | Sarah Boison Reynold (October 3, 2023)
- Listen to Part 2: Building a Team and Leading with Understanding | Kimiko Tanaka Veccione (October 10, 2023)
- Listen to Part 3: The Myth of the American Cowboy Developer | Peter Sax (October 17, 2023)
- Listen to Part 4: A Mindset of Wild Success | Anna Kassinger (October 24, 2023)
- Listen to Part 5: Building Critical Connections with Virtual Teams | Stephen Musgrave (October 31, 2023)
The Life-Changing Power of Empathy & Trust | Zenitta Anderson, Senior Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer
- Listen to Part 1: My Title is Rented, But my Character I Own (September 5, 2023)
- Listen to Part 2: Balancing Transparency and Empathy to Build Trust (September 12, 2023)
- Listen to Part 3: The Technology is Not the Strategy (September 19, 2023)
- Listen to Part 4: Being a Humble Change Agent (September 26, 2023)
Bonus Episode with Julia Ford @ Manara
- Listen to Community Action and the Need for In-Person Connections (August 29, 2023)
Using Digital Tools for Advocacy & Activism | Apollo Gonzales @ Nimbus Strategies, Inc.
- Listen to Part 1: From Wilderness Therapy to Digital Advocacy and Activism (August 1, 2023)
- Listen to Part 2: Finding Your Voice and Uplifting Others (August 8, 2023)
- Listen to Part 3: The Pros and Cons of Unexpected Results (August 15, 2023)
- Listen to Part 4: The Importance of Having an Inclusive Mission (August 22, 2023)
Leading with Empathy | Chrystal Koech @ Facing History & Ourselves
- Listen to Part 1: Growing and Leading with Empathy (June 6, 2023)
- Listen to Part 2: Chrystal's 5 Core Values (June 13, 2023)
- Listen to Part 3: Why Chrystal Doesn’t Assume Intent: Positive, Negative, or Anything in Between (June 20, 2023)
- Listen to Part 4: Being Your Authentic Self in Life and Leadership (June 27, 2023)
Tackling the Big Bear of Data | Andy Krackov @ Hillcrest Advisory
- Listen to Part 1: Using Data for Storytelling (May 1, 2023)
- Listen to Part 2: Roadmaps, Timelines, and the Potential Impact of AI on Data (May 9, 2023)
- Listen to Part 3: Deciding How Data can Best Solve Your Needs (May 16, 2023)
- Listen to Part 4: Local Focus: When Data Becomes Your Neighbor (May 23, 2023)
Communication & Community | Stephen Fee @ Enterprise Community Partners
- Listen to Part 1: From Journalism to Nonprofits, and Learning Along the Way (April 4, 2023)
- Listen to Part 2: Housing: The Silent Albatross (April 11, 2023)
- Listen to Part 3: Having Vulnerability while Publicly Thinking and Writing (April 18, 2023)
- Listen to Part 4: The Long-Term, Necessary Work of Housing Success (April 25, 2023)
Fun & Funding for Nonprofit Innovation | Aimee Berniard @ Easterseals
- Listen to Part 1: Funding Risk as part of Innovation (March 7, 2023)
- Listen to Part 2: Starting with Data to do Things Differently (March 14, 2023)
- Listen to Part 3: Transforming Dissenters into Change Champions (March 21, 2023)
- Listen to Part 4: Trusting Your Gut and Being Unserious (March 28, 2023)
How a Company Does Social Good | Graziella Jackson @ Echo&Co
- Listen to Part 1: Playwright and Small Business Owner (February 7, 2023)
- Listen to Part 2: Discovering True Organizational Change (February 14, 2023)
- Listen to Part 3: Finding Fun and Excitement in Projects (February 21, 2023)
- Listen to Part 4: The Power of Storytelling to Inspire Belonging (February 28, 2023)