Echo&Co is a unique digital consultancy, dedicated to doing good in the world. We have a clear vision to be an inclusive community of talented people who want to come, stay, and do their best work. Echo&Co helps impactful organizations and social ventures create inspiring human journeys, the digital platforms to enable them, and the internal capacity to improve them over time.
Echo&Co’s dedication to promoting equity and inclusion is reflected in our core values and our team, who are equally passionate about their creative disciplines, doing good in the world, and building a community where everyone has access to the same opportunities and feels respected and valued. This is the foundation of our company, and extends to each team member, with utmost respect for individual experiences and contributions across race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and/or ability..
The Senior Project Manager is a very important role at Echo&Co. They are a passionate project leader who can balance the responsibility of leading and mentoring project management teams, helping drive project management efficiency and profitability across the agency, and delivering the highest quality product for Echo&Co’s clients.
The Senior Project Manager leads project teams in executing project services and deliverables, with oversight of the efficient and profitable operations and delivery of projects. The Senior Project Manager is expected to be experienced in managing complex web platform and application projects from planning and discovery to architecture, design, technical development, and implementation. Experience in a digital consulting environment utilizing project management best practices (PMBOK) and efficiencies across engagements is a critical component of this role. The Senior Project Manager must demonstrate knowledge of and experience in project planning, business requirements gathering, product definition, and contracting.
The Senior Project Manager must love attention to detail while also understanding and driving to the bigger picture objectives and goals. They are a collaborative, analytical, and agile thinker who thrives in a fast-paced environment that calls for flexibility and the ability to multi-task across several priorities.
The Senior Project Manager is an enthusiastic problem solver who thrives on being engaged in all phases of projects and successfully manages both complex, multi-track projects and smaller-scale initiatives to an acceptable level of risk by balancing scope, time, cost and quality while maintaining a positive environment that promotes individual development, teamwork collaboration, and a culture of high performance. The Senior Project Manager uses advanced problem solving skills, business insight, conflict management skills, and solid written and verbal communication skills to excel at maintaining highly satisfied client relationships, while also exemplifying strong leadership and team management skills to inspire and energize others.
Finally the Senior Project Manager is an experienced technologist, comfortable leading teams in the use of project management software such as Jira and Basecamp, experienced in multiple Content Management Systems (CMSs), and generally very curious about and proficient with various web based technologies.
- Collaborate with the client engagement lead (account lead) to develop overall project engagement strategy and work with discipline leads and project teams to execute on plans.
- Providing leadership and governance around the creation of the project strategy and weaving that approach throughout the construction, development, execution and testing.
- Accountable for schedules, budgets, assets, and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverables dates are clearly communicated, understood, executed upon, and met.
- Ensure all weekly project reconciliations are completed on time.
- Monitor day-to-day activities of the project team and ensure work is progressing as planned, employing successful risk mitigation strategies when necessary.
- Ability to work across several projects with one or more project manager(s) or as the primary Project Manager on a large-scale engagement.
- Identify needs that clients may not recognize and ensure approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs.
- Contribute to the training/mentoring of project management team members on Echo&Co’s methodologies and best practices.
- Establish plans for project scope and work breakdown structure, critical path and baseline structures, project communication, reconciliation and forecasting, risk analysis and mitigation, quality assurance, and closure.
- Gather and prioritize product and client business, creative, and technical requirements. Manage the seamless translation of goals and requirements across strategy/UX, creative, and technical disciplines, managing team alignment and progress toward shared requirements and goals.
- Lead quality assurance testing, including creating and executing test scripts to test product features and identify defects.
- Develop business requirements documents, work plans, and other strategic documents to articulate the business, user, functional, and technical requirements for client engagements.
- Document user procedures and other client training as needed.
- Facilitate technical development by liaising between developers, UI and UX designers, and clients regarding functional and technical requirements.
- Remain current on emerging technologies and useful tools for our clients and serve as a key administrator of systems used to support implementation, such as Jira.
- 5+ years of digital project management experience; mix of interactive agency and client side environments preferred.
- Significant experience in the development of large-scale digital solutions utilizing Agile methodologies such as SCRUM, Kanban, etc., and waterfall methodologies.
- Knowledge of Drupal, Wordpress, and open-source technologies.
- Experience leading multi-discipline teams of at least 3-5 resources including content strategists, information architects, user experience architects, business analysts, visual and interaction designers, developers, and QA specialists.
- Past experience negotiating and writing contracts and statements of work for time and materials and fixed price projects.
- Deep understanding of project economics and operations, including expertise in financial processes and requirements and cost analysis and reconciliation.
- Knowledge of and experience with resource management.
- Marketing, UX, Creative or Technical (web) background required.
- Competencies in JIRA, Confluence, MS Project, and other common project management tools.
- Thorough understanding of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) is essential.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage complex projects and multiple resources.
- Understanding of internet technology and development processes.
- Interest in work that promotes change, embraces innovation, and runs on teamwork.
- Ability and willingness to travel to client sites 20%+.
Bonus points for:
- PMP and other project management qualifications/certifications beneficial but not essential.
- Nonprofit management experience a plus.
- A social good orientation with an interest in working for mission-driven clients.
- Multilingual a plus.